Have you ever looked at your roof and wondered whether it’s time for a big change? While roof repairs can solve minor issues, there are instances when a full-scale replacement is the smarter choice. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through those key scenarios.
Identifying Roof Repair and Replacement
When we speak of roof replacement, we mean completely stripping off the old roof and installing a new one. Given the scope and extent of the work needed to get it done, it can be considered a major undertaking. On the other hand, roof repairs include fixing specific areas or problems, like leaks or damaged shingles. It may not be as extensive as a replacement, but it’s a job best left in the hands of the professionals.
When Roof Replacement Is Better Than Repairs
Here are times when you’ll benefit more from a roof replacement than repairs.
- The Roof Is Beyond Its Lifespan. Age is an obvious sign that your roof needs replacing. An asphalt shingle roof, for instance, typically lasts 20 years. If yours is nearing or has exceeded that, it might be time to invest in a new one.
- The Roof Has Extensive Damage. Significant damage warrants roof replacement. Patching a storm-damaged roof or roof that has been rotting from the inside won’t do any good to protect your home from the elements.
- The Cost of Repairs Is Higher Than Replacement. Are your repair costs starting to stack up? It could be more cost-efficient to get a new roof. Frequent repairs can amount to the cost of a new roof over time.
- You’re Planning to Sell Your House. If you plan to sell, a new roof can increase your home’s appeal and selling price. No one likes the surprise of moving into a house only to discover roofing issues.
- The Roof Has Persistent Leaks. Persistent leaks are another sign you might need a new roof. If leaks are a recurring issue, a replacement might be the solution you need.
The Importance of Professional Roofing Services
Roofing work, whether it involves a repair or replacement, requires experience and skill. Professional roofers understand the importance of reliable, quality roofing. With their expertise, you can be sure that your investment will remain durable and capable of standing against the local weather and other issues.
Let Us Handle Your Roof Replacement Project!
Need guidance on repairing or replacing your roof? Call the Renovation Team at (636) 939-1061, or fill out our online form. We serve clients in St. Charles, St. Louis, and Creve Coeur, MO, as well as the surrounding communities.